Hola Motorheads! Ever wondered how an ATV is made? If your answer is yes, then one of the most reputed teams of NIT Warangal “Team Spardhak-The BAJA team” is back, presenting AUTOIGNITE 2.0 after receiving an immense response last year.
AUTOIGNITE 2.0 is a workshop which trains you in all aspects of manufacturing the vehicle. This workshop helps develop designing skills and improves understanding of vehicle dynamics.
Team Spardhak is the off-road racing team. Off-road racing has been a thrill affair in NIT Warangal for the past six years, wherein the team is comprised of experienced students who have attained expertise with time and valuable experience, from participating in various competitions, design challenges and other workshops held throughout the country.
A great ENGINEER knows that, “Sharing knowledge makes you a better engineer”, the team leaders themselves will present the content.
Team Spardhak have built buggies from scratch for the past six years and the knowledge has been passed on to iteration after iteration successfully. Knowledge must not be kept limited to oneself, so we want this knowledge to quench the thirst of Engineers who have an adventure and curiosity hidden within them.
AUTOIGNITE 2.0 is a workshop by the student, for the student.
Team Spardhak, Baja Team of National Institute of Technology Warangal (NITW) representing the institute for the seventh consecutive year in the All India BAJA competition held by SAE India. The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) India conducts the Baja event annually to reveal and appreciate young engineering talents from colleges spread across the country. We are also representing our college for FMAE BAJA and Mega ATV competitions as well. With a team of 25 SAE members, we are determined to bring glory to our Alma mater
DAY 1: SOFTWARE AND DESIGN WORKSHOP
• Introduction to BAJA and the intricacies of designing and manufacturing a BAJA Buggy able to withstand harsh conditions and rigorous testing.
CATIA mechanical design and Simulation:
• Introduction to CATIA, a versatile design software used to design and assemble various parts, provision of CATIA and previously designed parts by the team.
• Designing various vehicle elements and assembly of aforementioned parts and simulation in real life conditions.
• Design of rollcage profile and other subsystem elements like Gears, pinions, knuckle, brake rotor and caliper etc.
ANSYS in Real life:
• Overview of ANSYS and testing of designed parts for real life applications.
Day 1 will be concluded with an interactive session on the team vehicle, where all modules of the vehicle will be displayed and explained this is followed by a demonstration of the team ATV.
Participants will have to prepare for a design challenge the following day.
DAY 2: ATV AND ENGINE OVERHAULING
• Commences with a Design challenge, where participants will have to design a vehicle or subsystem element on CATIA or ANSYS and conduct tests.
• All subsystems; powertrain, suspension, steering, braking and electronics, will be covered in detail.
Overhauling and examination of ATV:
The different working components from the ATV will be analyzed.This includes but is not limited to;
Rollcage Ergonomics and design considerations to be taken.
Double Wishbone and Semi Trailing Arm Suspensions.
Braking systems, Master Cylinder mechanism, custom calipers used by the vehicle.
Different Steering Mechanisms, Ackermann Vs Anti-Ackermann Steering mechanism, Oversteer and understeer.
PowerTrain layout, Continuously Variable Transmission system for power transmission.
The session will be interactive and participants are welcome to partake in the procedure.
Overhauling of 2-Wheeler Engine:
The engine of a Bajaj Discover will be disassembled to understand the mechanisms behind its functioning. Engine components like inlet and exhaust valves, camshafts, crank case, fuel injection system, mated gearbox etc.
• An interactive session will conclude the workshop where participants can ask questions relevant to all material provided.
• Proficiency of Software:
Design and analysis softwares CATIA and ANSYS will be provided to participants. Beginner level proficiency can be achieved by all participants in the softwares. You will be able to design and analyze basic mechanical elements, not limited to the automobile field.
• Knowledge about Hardware:
The workshop and mechanical demonstration will provide a greater understanding to the underlying principles of engines and vehicles.
• Awareness about Manufacturing Processes:
By the conclusion of the workshop, you will be able to design an off-road buggy from scratch, and also have gained an innate knowledge of designing and manufacturing.
This workshop is conducted by the students with vast experience and knowhow and hence is the best mode for beginners to learn about this field. We are here to help you grow into better engineers of tomorrow.